Modern Day Slavery Awareness Training
Modern slavery is a heinous and often hidden crime. It includes slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking. The impact can be devastating for the victims.
Croydon has the highest rate of slavery in London.
- What can you do differently to help combat this crime?
- What difference could it make if all the groups and teams in the Croydon professional network were aware and informed about slavery and work together to prevent it?
At a recent meeting the steering group had a presentation on this very important matter. I have also attended the longer training session that we have been offered for free. The training, which takes two hours covers a wide range of information including:
- Recognising different forms of exploitation experienced by trafficked people & people in modern-day slavery,
- Recognising risks & safeguarding needs associated with trafficking & modern-day slavery
- Assessing how to take safe, supportive & appropriate action.
There are three more sessions, these are for women only and are on 15th November/ 26th November and 3rd December from 12 noon – 2pm at Bernard Wetherill House in central Croydon.
There will be a further session for a mixed audience in February.
This is such an important issue for Croydon I urge you to think about attending one of these free sessions.
Sean Olivier, from Croydon Council, will also come to you place of worship to do the presentation if you would prefer that and can get a minimum of 10 people together.
To book any of the sessions or arrange for Sean to come to you please contact:
Tel: 020 8604 7209 (Ext 47209)